Our boarding and training program requires you to drop off you dog with us for an extended period of time. Here is what you should know before your drop off date.
What should I know before boarding my dog for training?
- Send in the training registration form (you can download it from our website) along with $250 deposit to reserve the spot. Space is limited to a maximum of 4 or 5 dogs boarding and training in our home, not at the kennel, to allow us to focus on your dog and his/her individual needs. After we receive the registration form, we will contact you to discuss the earliest availability date to start training or if you have a specific date, please let us know.
- We will need proof of your dog’s vaccinations. Please bring the shots records along with your dog. The following immunizations are required before boarding: Rabies, DAPP (Distemper, Adenovirus, Parainfluenza, Parvovirus), and Bordetella (also known as kennel cough). You can also send a copy prior to drop off via email.
- Your dog’s diet. Dietary consistency is important especially if your dog is young or has a sensitive stomach. Please provide enough of your dog’s food for the entire time while he is boarded here.
- If your dog has any diet restrictions or medications, we will discuss at the time you drop off your dog.
- We will accept your dog’s favorite toys or blanket/bedding if you wish to send them along with your dog. However, we recommend you to leave them at your house if they are expensive or memorable/irreplaceable items.
- Balance of payment. The payment must be paid in full at the beginning of the training program.
What should I do on the day of drop off?
- When you arrive at our facility, please remain inside of your car with your dog because we might have dogs outside loose or training. For your safety, please let us know you are here at the facility by calling us or text us, then we will escort you out of your car and will evaluate your dog. If the outside gate is closed, please do not open it by yourself nor beep the horn, remain in your car, we will open the gate for you.
- If you will be arriving late, please let us know your approximate arrival time and when you get to the facility, please remain inside your car with your dog until somebody assist you. If the outside gate is closed, please call us or text us that you arrive at our facility. Someone will help you open the gate. Please do not try to open it by yourself nor beep the horn. Please do not take your dog for a walk on the street. Thank you.
- If your dog gets car sick easily, we recommend not to feed your dog on the morning of the appointment date.
While dog is at our facility for training…
- We do not allow any visits during the boarding training.
- If you didn’t supply enough dog food or want to give more additional items such as monthly medications, you can drop it off or send it to us. However, if you decide to drop it off, please let us know.
- You can contact us anytime to see how your dog is doing. Texting is probably the best way to communicate with us. If we haven’t scheduled the pick-up date yet, we can discuss the available date. You need to spend 2 hours here on the day you pick-up your dog to make the best of your dog’s transition from here to your home. Please make any necessary arrangements.
What am I going to do on the day of pick-up?
- Please be on time for your pick up appointment. We want to use 2 hours effectively. If you know that you are running late, please let us know your approximate arrival time. If we think your late arrival might interfere other appointment, we have to reschedule your appointment.
- If the outside gate is closed at your arrival, please do not open it by yourself nor beep the horn, remain in your car, we will open the gate for you.
- After you park your car, please remain inside until someone assists you for your safety.
- Please go over the list of training equipment (this is what you need for successful training) on the pick-up date and future training at your home. The training equipment is available at our facility at the listed price below.
- We do not have a dress code for that date, however, we recommend you to wear your comfortable shoes such as sneakers or boots (if it rains) rather than sandals, heels, flip flops. And don’t worry even though you haven’t seen your dog for a long time, your dog always remembers you! Please be prepared for your dog to jump and scratch you and give you a big kiss.
- After your dog’s transition between our facility and your home, we can discuss follow-up training and further training if you are interested.
The day you pick up your dog, you will spend approx. 2 hours here